More than 120 Boston College students were reportedly sick this weekafter eating Chipotle.
Boston health officials said Wednesday that the fast food tested positive for norovirus, Boston.com reported.
“Since late Sunday evening, more than 120 BC students have reported to BC Health Services with symptoms consistent with the norovirus,” BCspokesman Jack Dunn said in a statement.
The known cases include BC residents, students and non-BC patrons, the Boston Public Health Commission said.
People who have been in physical proximity to the infected have also become ill, the commission said, adding that BC had received reports of students’ roommates contracting the illness.
Chipotle has been under scrutiny since November, when it was first linked to an E. coli outbreak that has sickened 52 people in nine states.
The burrito chain’s restaurant in Cleveland Circle has been temporarily closed while the Boston Inspectional Services Department and BPHC continue investigations.
Chipotle said it would complete a full norovirus sanitization in the restaurant, and employees of that outlet would not return to work until they had been tested for norovirus and cleared.
-Reuters contributed to this report.