The NBA’s trade deadline is March 15. Yes, that’s the same week as NFL free agency opening and the first weekend of March Madness. It’s also the last time we’ll see significant value changes that can alter a fantasy season.
Here are five guys to watch, with potential fallout:
1. Chris Kaman, C, Hornets: Kaman’s expiring contract means he is almost certainly done in New Orleans. No matter where he lands, he won’t have the freedom to fire at will like he has with the woeful Hornets right now. Sell. Also, Kaman leaving leaves plenty of room for Gustavo Ayon to continue to provide value.
2. Stephen Jackson, SF, Bucks: Jackson has been away from the team as he clashed with Scott Skiles over playing time. The question is if anyone will want Jackson’s headaches and salary. I doubt it, so I’d leave S-Jax on waivers.
3. Michael Beasley, SF, Wolves: The Wolves have simply played better ball with Beasley coming off the bench. A trade to the Lakers where he’d give Kobe another option makes a lot of sense. Hold on in deeper formats.
4. Dwight Howard, C, Magic: This is the one everyone is talking about, but I suspect the Magic are going down with the ship here. They know their only hope is to pray they can somehow convince Dwight to stay, or at least not opt out after this season.
5. Ramon Sessions, PG, Cavs: Sessions is buried behind Kyrie Irving, but his per-minute numbers are special. The Cavs could probably get a nice haul for him and if he lands as a starter, there will be tons of upside here.