Netflix said Friday it will not move forward with Louis CK’s second planned stand-up comedy special after allegations of sexual misconduct.
Netflix had made a two-special deal with Louis CK in February 2017, with the first comedy special airing last in April.
“The allegations made by several women in The New York Times about Louis C.K.’s behavior are disturbing,” a Netflix spokesperson said in a statement to the USA Today. “Louis’s unprofessional and inappropriate behavior with female colleagues has led us to decide not to produce a second stand-up special, as had been planned.”
In a New York Times exposé published Thursday, five female comedians went on record saying that Louis CK masturbated, or asked to masturbate, in front of them against their will. The allegations go back to 2002. Louis CK has not yet addressed the claims, though a rep said he will issue a written statement soon.
Netflix is the latest entertainment company to cut ties with the comedian and actor. HBO said it would drop CK’s past performances from its HBO On Demand service, and Orchard Films canceled the Nov. 17 release of his latest film, “I Love You, Daddy.”