A 3-year-old Brooklyn boy’s death, allegedly caused by abuse at the hands of his mother’s boyfriend, has been ruled a homicide, authorities said on Thursday.
Jaden Jordan died from “abusive head and neck trauma,” according to the city’s medical examiner, PIX11 reported.
Child welfare workers were called to the Brooklyn home where they found Jaden beaten into a coma with a fractured skull.
Salvatore Lucchesse, the boyfriend of Jaden’s mother, admitted he was caring for the toddler at the time of his injuries. The 24-year-old told authorities that he was performing CPR on Jaden when the boy slipped and hit his head in the tub, the New York Daily News reported at the time.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
He was charged with four counts of assault and endangering the welfare of a child, according to the NYPD.
The city’s Administration for Children’s Services received a tip on Nov. 26 regarding Jaden and possible abuse, but the caller gave the wrong address. Jaden was in a coma two days later.
The New York City Department of Investigation issued a report about the ACS, which found the “depth of errors” in Jordan’s case directly contradicts the purpose of the agency, the Daily News reported.