Amazon.com is planning to open a brick-and-mortar bookstore and café in Manhattan, according to reports.
The exact location is unclear with the Wall Street Journal reporting a Columbus Circle location and the New York Post reportingthe online retail giant will settle in the newly developed space in Hudson Yards.
“I don’t know if the final lease was signed yet, but I know the deal is happening,” a source told the Post. “There’s no way that deal is dying.”
The new store is expected to open by the end of 2018 or early in 2019, the Post reported.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
The Manhattan site would be the first East Coast store for Amazon.com, which opened a store in Seattle — the company’s headquarters —last year.
Metro reached out to Amazon.com for comment on the new store, but is still awaiting a response.
Amazon also secured a $430 million contract with the nation’s largest school district, New York City, the Wall Street Journal reported. The district has about 1.1 million students in more than 1,800 schools.