Despite fleeing the New York City winters for Los Angeles last year, Beyonce and Jay-Z may well be on their way back home as the pair have purchased a yet-to-be-made condo in Brooklyn Heights, according to a report from Curbed NY.
The news has reportedly caused quite a bit of buzz in the neighborhood after it was announced at a gathering of the residents.
“Brooklyn Heights is abuzz after a resident told a packed room at a community meeting that the rap royalty purchased a pad in a park development.” Brooklyn Paper reports.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
“The long-time local said a park security guard let the colossal news slip while the pair were chatting during an evening stroll. He dropped the news during a public forum at Cadman Towers on Wednesday night, prompting whispers and a ‘shhhh’ from the crowd.”
Curbed New York did some snooping and discovered that “at least 78 of the building's 106 condos have gone into contract. Not included in that tally is the building's $10.49 million five-bedroom, four-bathroom apartment, which is the priciest in the development currently listed on StreetEasy.”
According to Curbed, this means there's a chance the couple have not snatched up the priciest unit in the building.
The building could not confirm the rumors.
If this is at all true, this will be a sort of homecoming for the Brooklyn native, Jay-Z. The couple currently live in Los Angeles, but own property in Tribeca.
Matt Lee is a Web producer for Metro New York. He writes about almost everything and anything. Talk to him (or yell at him) on Twitter so he doesn’t feel lonely@mattlee2669.