Brooklyn is entering the Food & Wine Festival circuit.
The magazine announced today it’s adding the borough to its calendar for the first time, with the Brooklyn Food & Wine Festival set for Feb. 17-19, 2017. Details are still sparse, but the three-day culinary event will bring together 150 local restaurants and shops for walk-around tastings, cooking, wine and cocktail demos, a VIP dinner at the 40/40 Club & Restaurant and afterparties with the chefs (aren’t you curious how Mario Batali gets down?)
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
“Brooklyn is one of the most exciting culinary destinations in the world,” says Nilou Motamed, Food & Wine Editor in Chief and a Brooklyn resident. “With access to brilliant chefs, authentic local food and ingenious tastemakers and artisans, this will be a celebration of Brooklyn’s singular contribution to the culinary zeitgeist.”
Tickets for the Brooklyn Food & Wine Festival go on sale Thursday, Oct. 20, beginning at 10 a.m. on Ticketmaster.