A 26-year-old Bronx man was struck and killed by a car while riding his bicycle in the borough just after midnight Saturday morning.
Giovanni Nin, of Freeman Avenue, was found with severe injuries when officers arrived atEast Tremont and Mayflower Avenues. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver left the scene of the crash, police said. Investigators said they believe Nin was riding South along East Tremont Avenue when he tried to cross the street mid-block and was struck by the car.
Authorities described the vehicle as a silver BMX X5, likely a model between 2000 and 2003.
Police continue to investigate.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures