Dream Midtown’s The Rickey is known for its cocktails, but managing partner Matt Strauss is launching a passion project for spring: Chardonnay flights.
“I find that it is super pleasing,” he explains about why it's his favorite varietal. “It can be light on a summer’s day, can be warming on a winter’s day, and it goes great with food.”
Strauss has had a personal interest in wine since a friend’s BYO parties in college, and has a connection to each of the bottles he’s chosen to highlight in the first tasting menu of six, from a bottle gifted by a departing coworker to a new favorite that salvaged a sub-par date. Currently in rotation are the “only white wine an Italian friend would allow me to bring to a cookout” (Planeta from Sicily) and Ruinart’s blanc de blanc, which smells as earthy as any bleu cheese you pair with it.
The tastings, which come in 2-ounce pours, are either three ($20) or six ($60) courses that will change with the seasons.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures