A blaze that broke out at the Trump International Hotel on New York's Upper West Side early Friday morning was caused by an equipment malfunction, authorities said, according to CBS News.
The fire at 1 Central Park West began in an apartment under construction on the 47th floor around 4:15 a.m. It was under control by 5:20 a.m., officials said.The 52-story building was partially evacuated, and one person was treated for smoke inhalation.
Initial reports said the blaze "appears to be suspicious,"but officials said a piece of construction equipment malfunctioned.
The apartment, which boasts views of Central Park, was purchased last year for $6.9 million, ABC7 reported.
MAN ALL HANDS 1 CENTRAL PARK W, HIGH RISE FIRE ON 47TH FLR,— FDNYalerts (@FDNYAlerts) March 3, 2017
MAN ALL HANDS 1 CENTRAL PARK W, HIGH RISE FIRE ON 47TH FLR, UNDER CONTROL— FDNYalerts (@FDNYAlerts) March 3, 2017