A gas leak in Richmond Hill Queens has evacuated several buildings and interupted A train service in the area, reports said.
The leak was reported around 7:45 a.m. from a Con Edsion vault at a building on Liberty Avenue near Lefferts Boulevard, the FDNY said.
Due to FDNY activity at Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd, there is no A Subway train service between Rockaway Blvd and Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd in both directions.
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures
According to ABC7,buildings on the south side of the street from 118-02 to 118-20 have been evacuated for a total of nine buildings, and Liberty Avenue is closed from 118th Street to Lefferts Boulevard. Con Ed may need to shut off power in the area as they work to fix the leak.
- A train service was also being affected by the incident, according to the MTA:
- There is no Atrain service betweenRockaway BlvdandOzone Park-Lefferts Blvdin both directions.
- As an alternative customers may useQ112local bus service which is detoured to 103 Av , between 111 St and 124 St.
- Shuttle bus service is also available betweenRockaway BlvdandOzone Park-Lefferts Blvd.
- Allow additional travel time.