A GoFundMe page created by the parents of slain Howard Beach jogger Karina Vetrano is trying to raise $100,000 in an effort to solve her rape and murder.
“Somebody need to know something, say something — and maybe with this money they will,” Vetrano's father Philip told the NY Daily News.
Karina Vetrano, 30, was reported missing last Tuesday by her father. She was found dead later that evening in a marsh off the Belt Parkway, just less than half a mile away from her home in Queens. Investigators believe she was strangled and sexually assaulted, according to the Daily News.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
“We need your help in bringing this vicious animal to face the most ever punishment allowable by law," a post on the GoFundMe page reads.
Money raised by the effort will help supplement the $20,000 reward the NYPD has already offered for information on the murdered jogger.
Vetrano’s parents created the fundraiser along with several other Howard Beach residents.
So far, the Katrina Veltrano Memorial Reward Fund has raised $77,137 of the $100,000 goal.