Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis1/9 Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis
Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis2/9 Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis
Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis3/9 Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis
Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis4/9 Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis
Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis5/9 Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis
Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis6/9 Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis
Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis7/9 Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis
Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis8/9 Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis
Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis9/9 Ascent Lounge|Eva Kis
Lounges occupy an amazing niche in the nightlife scene. They’re comfortable enough for those who came to have a conversation over drinks, lively enough to inspire dancing when a great song comes on, and the food is not too pretentious. As the name implies, you’re here to relax.
The newly opened Ascent Lounge in the Time Warner Center understands this completely. An oasis transports from the buzz of Columbus Circle four floors below, this upscale spot serves the kind of late night half-drunk menu you’re always wishing for: crispy truffle taters, Manchego-Fontina grilled cheese sandwiches and wagyu sliders. But through the end of the month, the thing to order is the umami bomb that is their Miso Lobster Rolls.
Arriving three generously filled challah rolls to a plate, they’re rich with miso butter, whose fermented funk cuts the sweetness of the Maine lobster meat and bread. Squeeze a lemon over them, and you’ve got something that tastes like it came from an upscale fish shack rather than a midtown bar. And at just $16, it’ll set you back a lot less than most lobster rolls around the city.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
No worries if the munchies strike late in the night — Ascent's DJs spin until 2 a.m. Tuesday-Sunday and until 3 a.m. on weekend nights.