An Ithaca College student is dead after alarge fight broke out at the nearbyCornell University campus early Sunday morning.
The male student was fatally stabbed in the brawl outside Cornell's chemical engineering building, and later died in the hospital from his wounds, Ithaca.com reported.
Another man was found stabbed, but was treated for his injuries and released from the SUNY Upstate University Hospital.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Neither student has been identified.
A weapon was also found at the scene, but authorities have not released specific details on the weapon used in the stabbing or any details about the fight.
According to police, witnesses are currently being interviewed as authorities work to create a suspect profile.
In a statement posted online at Ithaca College's website, school president Tom Rochon expressed his condolences:
"I hope you will hold these students—along with their families, friends, classmates, and professors—in your thoughts and prayers at this difficult and tragic time."
This is the first homicide in Ithaca since a shooting in December 2011.
Classes at Ithaca College began on Aug. 24, and at Cornell on Aug. 23.