LIRR service is suspended between Hicksville and Mineola through the evening rush hour on Wednesday as crews continue to repair damaged tracks from Tuesday’s freight train derailment.
Service is suspended in both directions after 10:30 a.m., and the MTA hopes to repair hundreds of feet of damaged track before the evening rush.
Buses will replace the trains on the Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma lines between Hicksville and Mineola.
The LIRR said in a statement their “objective is to restore train service by the evening rush hour … but the railroad cautions that full restoration may not be possible by that time.”
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures