This is a no-brainer.
Just about every New Yorker knows and understands the Times Square area will an absolute madhouse during the New Year's Eve celebration. Approximately 1 million revelers are expected to pack Times Square that night.
It is advised that you don't drive anywhere in this area.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Apple Emoji update includes a llama, skateboard and some bagel drama 24 Pictures
The New York City Police Department and the Department of Transportation released street closures for the annual celebration beginning as early as 3 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 31.
RELATED: What's the real Champagne of beers?
Depending on the amount of people in the area, however, street closures and delays could occur before 3. p.m. Additional streets may close as the crowd in the area grows.
The following streets will be closed beginning Thursday.
Beginning 4 A.M.:
- Seventh Avenue, from 43rd to 48th Streets
- Broadway, from 47th to 48th Streets;
- 46th and 47th Streets, from Sixth to Eighth Avenue.
Beginning approximately 1:30 P.M.
- Seventh Avenue, from 41st to 59th Streets;
- Broadway, from 47th to 59th Streets;
- 43rd to 47th Streets, from Sixth to Eighth Avenue.
Beginning at approximately 5 P.M.
- 42nd Street from 6th to Eight Avenue will be closed to traffic
From 6:30 P.M the following streets will be closed as people begin to fill the area:
- All cross-town streets will be closed from 37th to 41st Streets - Sixth to Eighth Avenues;
- 49th to 59th Streets - Sixth to Eighth Avenues;
- 48th Street, from Fifth to Ninth Avenues;
- Access for emergency vehicles will be available on 42nd, 48th, and 59th Streets.
Beginning at 7 P.M. on Wedness, December 31, New Year's Eve, the following changes will be made to MTA subway service.
Southbound and northbound N/R/W lines will bypass the 49th Street station beginning at 7 p.m., Wednesday, December 31st until approximately 12:15 a.m., Thursday, January 1st.
The northbound 1 Train will bypass the 50th Street station beginning at 7 p.m., Thursday, December 31st until approximately 12:15 a.m., Friday, January 1st.
According to the MTA, there will be several delays and rerouted bus routes because of street closures. For up-to-date information about transit changes, visit the MTA site.