Harlem Line commuters: Work from home today if your can.
Thats the advice from the MTA in the aftermath of Metro-North's deadliest accident ever -- the Tuesday night collision with an SUV that left five passengers on the train and the smashed car's driver dead.
The MTA will keep updating its site with guidanceat this link. (click). As of now, it is uncertain whether the evening commute will be affecteds.
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures
Here is the latest (updated - 8am), from the MTA:
Metro-North train service on Wednesday, February 4, will remain suspended between Pleasantville and North White Plains until further notice due to the train/car collision near Valhalla. There will be limited bus/train service for Upper Harlem Line customers beginning with morning rush hour service on Wednesday and until further notice.
- Customers are strongly encouraged to work from home if possible or should seek alternate service
- Harlem Line tickets will be cross honored on the Hudson and New Haven Lines
- Free parking will be available at Cortlandt Station on the Hudson Line
- Weschester County has made parking available on a first-come, first-served basis -- up to 300 spaces at County Center near White Plains station and up to 50 spaces at the North White Plains station
- Customers should expect crowded conditions and delays
- Listen for announcements at your station
There will be shuttle train service between Wassaic and Southeast with shuttle bus connections to Beacon Station on the Hudson Line for train service to Grand Central. Wassaic Branch Customers are strongly encouraged to take this service.
From Southeast (for local southbound train service) there will be limited train service to Goldens Bridge with shuttle bus connections directly to North White Plains Station for train service to Grand Central.
From Goldens Bridge there will be limited train service to Pleasantville with shuttle bus connections to North White Plains Station.
There will not be service at Hawthorne and Valhalla Stations. Customers should go to an alternate station.
Train service will operate from North White Plains and all points south.
There will be train service to North White Plains Station with bus service to Pleasantville; train service will continue northbound to Southeast with connections to Wassaic.
The train cars cannot be removed until the on-scene investigation is complete, and they will need to be removed before service can be restored. Regular service through this area is not expected to resume until a full investigation is complete, the infrastructure is fully assessed, and repairs are made.
We do not yet know how PM service will be affected. As more information becomes available we will notify you as soon as possible. Please visit mta.info for updates and listen for announcements at your station.