A New York man has filed court documents to unadopt the biological son of his estranged wife, the New York Post reported.
Banker Robert Roever filed papers in May to undo the adoption of his 10-year-old son.Roever’s ex, Alisa Cawley, told the Post Wednesday that he has raised the boy since he was 4 months old and legally adopted him in 2011, soon after the two married.
“Now he doesn’t want to see him,” Cawley said, adding that the child texts Roever “saying, ‘I miss you, dad.’”
“I feel bad,” Roever told the Post. He said he believes that the boy’s adoption was fraudulent because Cawley led him to believe that she didn’t know who the boy’s biological father was.
The Post reported that Cawley’s lawyer, Michael Stutman, requested that Manhattan Judge Lori Sattler jail Roever for paying just $1,200 of court-ordered child support for the past 17 months.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
The judge told Roever he has until Nov. 22 to pay the nearly $20,000 balance.