Summer is in full swing and every weekend there are parades, festivals and other fun events for New Yorkers to enjoy.
For motorists, driving in the city is far less enjoyable.
This weekend, there will be events taking place in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Plan ahead.
- PHOTOS: Filipino devotees nailed to crosses to re-enact crucifixion4 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
According to the New York City Department of Transportation, the following streets will be closed for events during this weekend.
Community Board #1 Block Party
- Warren Street between West Broadway and Church Street will be closed from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
McBurney YWCA 6th Avenue Festival
- 6th Avenue between 14th Street and 23rd Street will be closed from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
DOT Weekend Walks: Hamilton Heights, Sugar Hill
- Hamilton Place between 142nd Street and 144th Street
- 143rd Street between Amsterdam Ave. and Hamilton Place will be closed from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
DOT Weekend Walks Under the Viaduct
- 12th Avenue between West 125th Street and West 132nd Street will be closed from 1p.m. to 10 p.m.
DOT Weekend Walks Summer Stroll on 3rd Part 1
- 3rd Avenue between 80th Street and 90th Street will be closed from 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
DOT Weekend Walks Red Hook Walks
- Van Brunt Street between Commerce Street and Beard Street will be closed on Saturday from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
DOT Weekend Walks South Slope Summer Strolls
- 5th Avenue between 12th Street and 18th Street will be closed from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
For a complete list of street closures including road construction affecting your weekend commute, visit the Department of Traffic’s Weekend Advisory page.