On Sunday the NYPD and FDNY staged and conducted a simulated active shooter scenario on a school campus in Brooklyn.
The drill was conducted at Leon M. Goldstein High School, located on the campus of the Kingsborough Community College. The NYPD, FDNY, and Homeland Security and the Office of Emergency Management coordinated the simulated emergency training.
The exercise was designed to help local agencies improve their response to an actual shooter situation.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
The drill included, casualties, gunfire, emergency responders and improvised explosive devices.