Police are looking for a man who they say tried to rape a woman on a Park Slope street over the weekend.
Around 4:30 a.m. on Sunday, a 21-year-old woman was walking on Second Street between Seventh and Eighth avenues when she was approached from behind by a man who grabbed her genitals over her underwear, police stated.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
The suspect then pushed the woman to the ground and pulled off her underwear in an attempt to rape her, police added. The victim fought back against the attacker and yelled for help.
The man ran to a dark-colored four-door Acura and fled westbound on Second Street, according to police.
Authorities described the suspect as a Hispanic or Indian man, approximately 20 to 25 years old and 5-foot-8 to 6 feet tall and between 170 and 180 pounds. He was last seen wearing light-colored shorts and a light-colored shirt.
Anyone with information should call NYPD’s Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS or, for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA. The public can also submit tips at www.NYPDcrimestoppers.com.