Police are searching for a man and woman who were allegedly involved in an afternoon attack on an elderly man walking on a Manhattan street.
Around 2:10 p.m. on Wednesday, a 75-year-old man walking in front of 120 West 14thStreet in the West Village was assaulted by a man as a female accomplice acted as a lookout, police reported.
The man allegedly hit the victim in the back of the head, knocking him down, before kicking his face until he was unconscious, authorities added. After the assault, the man and woman fled eastbound on 14th Street.
The victim was taken to Lenox Hill Hospital in stable condition, according to police.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
Officials described the suspects as a black man with a red streak in his hair who was wearing a white T-shirt, beige pants and a backpack and a black woman last seen in a green dress with a hood and black sneakers.
Anyone with should call the NYPD Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS or, for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA. The public can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at