Authorities are searching for a man suspected of raping a woman who was walking inside Gorman Park in Washington Heights.
Around 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 17, a 42-year-old woman was attacked as she took a walk inside Gorman Park, police reported.
The attacker forced the victim off the concrete path and pushed her to the ground before holding a knife to her throat as he raped her, authorities stated.
Police described the suspect as a dark-skinned man with a beard who was approximately 35 years old, 6-foot-3 and 260 pounds.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
Anyone with information should call the NYPD Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS or, for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA. The public can also submit tips at www.NYPDCrimeStoppers.com.