|Miles Dixon1/14 |Miles Dixon
|Miles Dixon2/14 |Miles Dixon
|Miles Dixon3/14 |Miles Dixon
|Miles Dixon4/14 |Miles Dixon
|Miles Dixon5/14 |Miles Dixon
|Miles Dixon6/14 |Miles Dixon
|Miles Dixon7/14 |Miles Dixon
|Miles Dixon8/14 |Miles Dixon
|Miles Dixon9/14 |Miles Dixon
|Miles Dixon10/14 |Miles Dixon
|Miles Dixon11/14 |Miles Dixon
|Miles Dixon12/14 |Miles Dixon
|Miles Dixon13/14 |Miles Dixon
|Miles Dixon14/14 |Miles Dixon
New York City will host the 59th annual National Puerto Rican Day Parade on Sunday, June 12. Revelers will fill the streets to watch the parade march down Fifth Avenue from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The parade will span over 35 blocks and include approximately 100,000 participants. About 1.5 million spectators are expected to attend.
But for motorists, driving through Manhattan can be a headache — it's best to plan ahead.
- PHOTOS: Celebrities attend 'Avengers: Endgame' premiere in Los Angeles22 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
The Department of Transportation has released the following street closures on Sunday, June 12 during the National Puerto Rican Day Parade.
- 44th Street between Madison Avenue and 6th Avenue
- 45th Street between Madison Avenue and 6th Avenue
- 46th Street between Madison Avenue and 6th Avenue
- 47th Street between Madison Avenue and 6th Avenue
- 48th Street between Madison Avenue and 6th Avenue
- 5th Avenue between 43rd Street and 79th Street
- 5th Avenue between 79th Street and 86th Street
- 79th Street between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue
- 80th Street between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue
- 81st Street between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue
- 82nd Street between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue
- 83rd Street between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue
National Puerto Rican Day Parade street closures map
Since many people will use public transportation to make their way into Manhattan to enjoy the parade, the MTA has released special sercice information for the parade.
On Sunday, from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. the 77th Street station on the 6 line will be exit only. Customers wishing to use this station will be directed to 68th or 86th Street stations. According to the MTA, parade-goers may use Fifth Avenue stations on the E, F, N, R, and 7 lines.
New York City Transit will increase subway service on the 2, 4, 5, 6, and S lines to accommodate spectators.
The following New York City Transit and MTA buses will take customers to the parade area but will be affected by reroutes:
M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M31, M50, M57, M66, M72, Q32, BxM2, BxM3, BxM4, BxM6, BxM7, BxM8, BxM9, BxM10, BxM11, QM2, QM4, QM5, QM6, X1, X10 and X17.