The captain is leaving, asthe New York Red Bulls shippedout midfielder and captain Dax McCarty on Monday.
A league source confirms to Metro New York that McCarty, who has been with the Red Bulls since 2011 and has been captain for the past two seasons, is being sent to the Chicago Fire. The move is for $400,000 in allocation money, per the source. That is a significant amount for the veteran midfielder, who hadgrown into a fan favorite at Red Bull Arena.
The story was broken originally by Paul Tenorio of 4-4-2, citing “a source with knowledge.” Last summer Tenorio broke the news of McCarty missing time with a broken tibia.
Recently married, McCarty is currently in camp with the United States national team.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures