A study doesn't need to be done to tell how expensive New York City is — but what areas are actually the priciest?
It's clear that the Upper East Side beats the Bronx when it comes to the wealthy, but what about SoHoand Tribeca vs. Park Avenue and Central Park West?
Forbes this week put out its list of most expensive ZIP codes in the country, finding that New York, along with Florida tops the list.
Manalapan, just south of West Palm Beach, in Florida, takes the No. 1spot on the 2016 list of 50 priciest ZIP codes, with a median listingprice of $7.86 million for homes on the market over 90-days ending Nov. 18.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
But, according to Forbes, "New York clearly reigns supreme, claiming six of the top 10 slots and a dozen of the top 25."
New inventory in Manhattan is "dominating," Forbes added. Last year, only three New York City ZIP codes made the top 25. The list, based on asking prices, not sales, shows that "a number of ultra-high-end multifamily properties have recently come on the market in Manhattan."
The most expensive area in NYC, and second in the U.S., is10075, on the Upper East Side, which hardly broke through the top 100 last year. The median list price was$7.22 million with39 homes on the market this fall, up from $2.15 million last year, and helped by some expensive townhouses on the market.
Starting at No. 5, there also is 10065 and 10028, alsoon the Upper East Side and Soho’s 10012, which had the highest ranking in the city last year. Other top-ranking New York City ZIPs includes 10014 (West Village),10013 (Tribeca), 10024(Upper West Side) and 10021 (Upper East Side).
Deborah Grubman, a broker with the Corcoran Group, told Forbes that the shift means that more of Manhattan is becoming attractive.
“You can pay a lot of money in pretty much any neighborhood in the city,” she said.