A man was killed after he fell off his skateboard while truck surfing alongside a Mack truck on the Lower East Side.
Richard Oates, 32, of Brooklyn was struck by the rear passenger-side wheels of a Mack truck that he had been hanging onto while on his skateboard, the NYPD said.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
The incident took place Tuesday afternoon near the corner of Delancey and Norfolk streets. Oates was headed westbound with the Mack truck when he fell and was struck by the wheels, according to police.
The NYPD is still investigating, but they told NBC that the incident was not a hit-and-run.