Louisiana Tech coach Tyler Summittresigned Thursdayas the head man in charge of the school's women's basketball program, citing an inappropriate relationship.
The 25-year-oldSummitt, the son of legendary Tennessee head coach Pat Summitt, did not go into specifics about the inappropriate relationship, but plenty of people were reading between the lines on Twitter after the news broke early Thursday night.
"Tyler Summitt wasn't sleeping with the players was he?," questioned @beeaboutmoney
"If the rumors on Tyler Summitt are true...than he can kiss away his entire coaching career...at age 25," wrote @JJ_the2nd
Summitt addressed his resignation in a statement released by the University Thursday.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
"It is with great regret that I resign from my position as head coach of the women's baskeball program at Louisiana Tech University," Summitt said. "I am profoundly disappointed in myself for engaging in a relationship that has negatively affected the people I love, respect and care about the most.
"My hope, plans and prayers are to repair those relationships. I am appreciative of the opportunity I was given to coach at Louisiana Tech. I am heartbroken that my time has ended in Ruston, but because of my respect for the institution, it is best that I resign. I am hopeful the media and the public will respect the privacy of my family and me as we deal with this difficult situation I have caused."
Summitt is married to AnDe Ragsdale. They were married in 2013.
Summitt had an overall coaching record of 30-31 during his time at Louisiana Tech.