Police are searching for a man wanted in connection to an unprovoked assault on a 65-year-old man walking in Brooklyn Heights.
Around 11:15 p.m. on Wednesday, July 6, a man was walking on Joralemon Street when he was approached by a group consisting of three men and one woman, police reported.
One of the men in the group threw an unprovoked punch, hitting the victim in the face and causing a laceration to his left eye when his glasses broke, police said. The victim fell to the ground, and the group fled in an unknown direction.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
The victim was taken to an area hospital where he was treated and released, authorities added.
Officials described the man who struck the victim as black, 5-foot-10, approximately 160 pounds and last seen wearing black sneakers and a white T-shirt. The two other men and additional woman were all described as black or Hispanic.
Anyone with information should call the NYPD Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS or, for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA. The public can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website atwww.NYPDCrimeStoppers.com.