A dead woman was found in Kissena Park in Queens around 3 p.m. on Sunday, police said.
Officers found the woman with slash wounds toher neck and stomach in the area of Colden Street and Laburnum Avenue in Flushing.
Paramedics pronounced her dead at the scene. No arrests have been made so far, and police are investigating as a homicide.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
The neighborhood, which is part of the 109th Precinct, has seen two murders through Oct. 4, according to NYPD Compstat numbers. The murder count was at four during the same period last year.