Police are on the hunt for a man who sexually assaulted a 23-year-old woman in her West Village home after following her last Sunday.
The assault happened about 3 a.m., at a home on West 12th Street and Greenwich Avenue, when a man, pretending to be a neighbor, knocked on the victim's door.
The man asked her if something was burning and once inside her home attacked and choked her.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
“He then removed her clothing and forced her to perform oral sex,” police reported. “The suspect took the victim's cellphone and removed $250 from the victim's wallet and fled on foot."
The suspect is described as a white male, 6 feet tall, in his 20s, with black hair and brown eyes.
Police encourage anyone with information in regards to this incident to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
You can also submit your tip by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website or by texting to 274637 and then entering TIP577.
Matt Lee is a Web producer for Metro New York. He writes about almost everything and anything. Talk to him (or yell at him) on Twitter so he doesn’t feel lonely@mattlee2669.