Police are looking for a woman wanted in connection to a total of 14 thefts at nail salons in Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx dating back to September.
The pattern began on Sept. 29 at about 12:20 p.m. at a nail salon at 79-2 Parsons Blvd. when the suspect went into the salon and took a victim’s purse — containing credit cards and $100 — from underneath a desk, according to authorities.
- PHOTOS: 16 Betty White quotes to brighten your day17 Pictures
- PHOTOS: It was a stylish No Pants Subway Ride 2019 in NYC19 Pictures
For the next four months, the same suspect struck 13 more nails salons and the dates and details for those incidents are as follows:
- Oct. 9 at 10 a.m. the suspect entered 751 Flushing Ave. and removed a purse from a desk drawer. Inside was a debit card, which was later used for unauthorized transactions.
- Oct. 24 at 1:30 p.m. the suspect went into 149-25 Jamaica Ave. and took a purse and placed it inside her bag.
- Oct. 24 at 5 p.m. the suspect entered 138-32 86th Ave. and took a purse from a desk drawer.
- Oct. 28 at 1 p.m. the suspect entered 90-40 Parsons blvd. and removed pursed from a desk drawer.
- Oct. 31 at 10 a.m. she entered 86-26 102nd St. and took a wallet from inside a purse.
- Nov. 5 at 9:30 a.m. the suspect entered 719 Morris Park Ave. and removed purse from cabinet.
- Nov. 9 at 9 a.m. the suspect went into 117-08 Jamaica Ave. and took a purse from a cabinet.
- Nov. 20 at 4:30 p.m., inside of 80-13 Jamaica Ave. the suspect removed a wallet from inside a purse.
- Nov. 23 at 10:50, inside of 105-26 Cross Bay Blvd. the suspect took a wallet from inside a purse and fled.
- Nov. 25 at 4 p.m., inside of 88-58 165 St. the suspect removed property — including $400 and a credit card — from inside a purse.
- Dec. 9 at 2:10 p.m., inside of 97-07 64 Ave. the suspect took a purse from behind a desk. Among the items inside the purse were debit and credit cards, which were later used to make unauthorized transactions.
- Dec. 27 at 10 a.m. inside of 145-14 Jamaica Ave. the suspect took a purse from a desk and fled.
- Jan. 7 at 5 p.m., inside of 104-28 Jamaica Ave. the suspect removed a purse from a closet.
Police describe the suspect as a black woman, between 20 to 30 years old, medium build, and with shoulder-length black hair. She was last seen wearing a black coat with dark colored pants and she often carries a large light-colored purse or a large black purse with neon green straps.
Authorities have released photos and video of the suspect.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577. All tips are confidential.