Costume choice is vital in the Halloween season. Being topical or a sexified-anything is always the best way to maximize your tricks and treats. Here we offer a few suggestions and a list of the hottest sellers at costume superstore Ricky's (www.rickyshalloween.com).
Print out a photo of an animal with large white block lettering at the top and bottom of the picture. Cut a hole where the animal’s face should be and insert your own.
June Shannon, Honey Boo Boo’s mama
Don your baggiest clothes. Fill a plastic bag with Fluff, peanut butter or some other mushy substance and tie that around your neck. Tie a brown scarf around it, both to hold it in place and to recreate her famous “neck crust.” Bonus: Carry around your own bowl of sketti.
- 7 things to know about Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray 10 Pictures
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 47 Pictures
Mitt Romney’s ‘Binder of women’
This one requires some craftiness. We suggest using two halves of a portfolio folder, cut in half, with each side attached to your sides and cutouts of lady faces glued to a shirt. Or, gather a group of your best girlfriends, band together and attach portfolio sleeves to either end of the line-up.
Top costumes this season at Ricky’s
Best-selling costumes for adults:
2. Sexy Superhero Flash
3. Adult Smurfette
4. Captain Jack Sparrow
5. Big Bird
Best-selling boys’ costumes:
3. Swat Commando
Best-selling girls’ costumes:
1. Tinker Bell
3. Disney Princess Belle
4. The Avenger’s Black Widow
5. Pink Power Ranger
Costumes that deserve a treat
1. Because the only thing scarier than an angry dinosaur is an angry little dog in a dinosaur costume. Animal Planet dog costumes, $13-$33, www.overstock.com
2. Look, we don’t know why you want to dress your poor pug up as Bret Michaels. We’re just here to tell you that it’s possible. $8 at PetSmart stores
3. So cute Yoda pup is! $17, www.petsmart.com
4. Admittedly, it kind of looks like the gator is eating this beagle puppy. Even so, we’d trade you all our Kit Kats for him. $16-$20, www.petco.com