Let’s be upfront here. We are not encouraging you to be that girl who wears full makeup on the treadmill (ick).
But while your workout should be about health and fitness, a little beauty enhancement and pleasure can also be part of your regime. What to add to your already over-stuffed gym bag? Read on.
- The Thermos Intäk Hydration Bottle ($12.99, major retailers) holds more than 700 ml of water, shows your fluid intake on an easy-to-read meter and allows for one-handed operation to let you hydrate effortlessly while going all-out on the elliptical machine.
Get the most out of every minute spent not wearing high heels.
- Sof Sole Airr insoles ($29.99, Mark’s, Sport Chek) have encapsulated air chambers to cushion your feet during high impact activities (think treadmill) plus a gel insert for comfort. Footie bliss.
- Not only does Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer ($20, drug and mass retailers) soothe skin and protect it from UV rays with SPF 30, but it contains feverfew, known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, to minimize post-workout redness.
- Remember those scratchy, pink, disposable razors with the hollow handles? The new Gillette Venus Embrace disposable (3 for $15.99, drugstores) puts them to shame with five (yes, five) blades and a “protective ribbon of moisture” for a nick-free, close shave.
- Simplify your locker room makeup routine with this goof-proof trio: Olay Total Effects Eye Cream Plus Touch of Concealer brightens while it hides dark circles, ($30.99, drugstores), Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara conditions and makes lashes appear thicker and more profuse, ($9.95, drugstores), and Tarte Cheek Stain in Flush, ($39, Sephora) gives your cheeks (and lips!) a wash of sheer, natural-looking, rosy colour.
- Do you ever wonder where they get the shampoo in your gym’s shower? Use it if you must, but follow up with Nexxus Botanluxe Leave-In Conditioner ($12.99, drugstores,) with nourishing botanical oils and plant proteins to rehydrate and smooth your hair.