Sky Blue Sky Sandwich
605 Bloor St. West
Mon to Fri 7 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Sat 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- PHOTOS: Blues dump Bruins to win Stanley Cup after agonizing 52-year wait40 Pictures
- PHOTOS: This Pakistani waiter looks just like Peter Dinklage8 Pictures
Price range: $1.25 - $5.49
Here are eight reasons to visit Sky Blue Sky Sandwich:
1. It’s one of the most wallet-friendly lunches around. Most sandwiches are only $4.99. And huge.
2. There are board games, books and magazines for your perusal.
3. The Chicken and Rice Flu Chaser Soup (sm $2.99/lg $3.49) enhanced with cinnamon and cayenne pepper is superb.
4. They make their own bread and source local ingredients.
5. The Kingpin ($4.99) is their best-seller. No wonder — succulent, slow roasted, pulled pork marinated in a sweet and tangy barbeque sauce.
6. A great choice for those with dietary restrictions and/or food allergies.
7. The Casino Queen ($4.99) with slices of smoked turkey topped with a balsamic onion marmalade, bacon and avocado on honey nut brown bread satisfies well beyond lunch.
8. Everything is homemade. How they do it at these prices, though, remains a mystery.