Too hot for soup? Not for this cool dish. Iced melon and berry soup is best made with ripe, sweet melons. And don’t forget to dress up each bowlful with a swirl of berry purée and some whole berries.
Iced Melon and Berry Soup
Per Serving: 84 calories, 1 g total fat
- Photos: Women's March In New York City30 Pictures
- PHOTOS: 16 Betty White quotes to brighten your day17 Pictures
• 1 ripe honeydew melon
• 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
• 2.5 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
• 3/4 cup blueberries
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 2 Tbsp low-fat plain yogurt
• 3/4 cup raspberries
1. Halve melon, discard seeds, and use spoon to scoop flesh out of peel into food processor. Add lime juice and ginger. Purée until smooth, pausing occasionally to push pieces of melon to bottom of goblet.
2. Pour purée into bowl, cover and refrigerate until completely cool, about 30 minutes.
3. Put blueberries into food processor. Add orange juice and yogourt and purée until smooth. Transfer to second bowl, cover and refrigerate until completely cool, about 30 minutes.
4. Divide melon soup among 4 chilled glass bowls. Swirl 1/4 of blueberry purée in centre of each bowl. Scatter raspberries on top. Serve immediately.