Veal Cutlets with Lemon-Garlic Sauce
• 1 head garlic
• 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 2 tsp cornstarch
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 4 veal cutlets
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1 lemon, very thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Wrap garlic in foil and bake until tender (package will feel soft when pressed), 45 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut off bulb top, squeeze out garlic pulp into small bowl, and mash until smooth.
- 2. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle cutlets with 1/4 tsp salt and brush with mustard. Top each cutlet with 3 lemon slices. Broil cutlets 10 cm from heat until cooked through, 2 minutes. Transfer cutlets to platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- 3. In small pot, whisk broth and lemon juice into cornstarch. Whisk in 1/4 tsp salt and roasted garlic. Bring to boil over medium heat and boil until sauce is lightly thickened, 1 minute. Spoon sauce over veal on platter.
Per Serving: 160 calories, 4 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fibre, 24 g protein
• 3 navel oranges
• 1 small pineapple
• 2 large bananas
• 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
• 1/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
• Fresh mint sprigs (garnish)
- 1. Cut thin slice off top and bottom each orange. Remove peel and pith with paring knife. Holding orange over large bowl, cut between membranes and lift out sections with knife, letting them fall into bowl with juices.
- 2. Using long serrated knife, cut top and bottom off pineapple. Stand pineapple up and cut off peel in sections, from top to bottom. Halve pineapple lengthwise. Place one half, cut-side down, on cutting board and slice lengthwise into 3 equal sections. Slice off hard core from each section, then cut sections crosswise into chunks, about 2.5 cm thick. Add to oranges in bowl and toss. Repeat with second half pineapple.
- 3. Slice bananas 0.5 cm thick and add immediately to fruit and juice in bowl; toss to coat. Gently fold in marshmallows and coconut. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight to blend flavours. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Per Serving: 160 calories, 2 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fibre, 2 g protein