'Dancing with the Stars' expected to honor Boston Marathon bombing amputee
A professional ballroom dancer whose foot had to be amputated following the Boston Marathon bombing has been invited to appear on 'Dancing with the Stars.'
An woman whose foot had to be amputated after she was injured in the Boston Marathon bombing will be honored tonight on ABC's hit series, "Dancing with the Stars."
The show's host, Tom Bergeron, said last week that Adrianne Haslet-Davis, 32, would be introduced on Tuesday's show.
“We were all very moved by her inspirational outlook. We’ll tell you how we hope to be part of her recovery,” Bergeron said during last week's broadcast. According to media reports, the show sent a production crew to Boston to follow Haslet-Davis in the wake of the Boston Marathon terror attack that took there lives and injured over 200.
Haslet-Davis, a professional ballroom dancer, was near the Boylston Street finish line when the second blast went off. She and her husband, who has recently returned from service in Afghanistan, were both injured. Although he suffered shrapnel wounds, he managed to use his belt as a tourniquet for her foot wound and dragged her into a nearby restaurant.
Since then, a recovering Haslet-Davis has told media outlets that she intends to dance — and run — once again.
During an interview with CNN, Haslet-Davis recounted the terrifying moment before the second bomb went off, saying, "I remember everything. I remember the first bomb going off and holding onto Adam — my husband — and thinking, 'I know there's never just one.'"
In regard to her passion for dance, Haslet-Davis told The Boston Herald, "When I'm dancing, I don't feel the need to be doing anything else. My joy is complete."
"Dancing with the Stars" airs on Monday and Tuesday nights on ABC.