Affordability has been kept at top of mind at a new downtown Victoria development.
The 834, a 14-storey glass, steel and concrete structure, is being priced at about 15 to 20 per cent less than originally planed due to construction cost savings.
Prices start at $198,900 for one-bedroom suites designed to maximize living space and range to $600,000 for two-bedroom units.
The project, by Chard Development, is being touted as part of the revitalization of the northern district of downtown Victoria and is the company’s third major residential development in the
It’s situated within walking distance to various shops and restaurants.
Dave Chard, president of Chard Development, said Victoria is a “spectacular place to live or spend a long weekend.”
“Moving forward with The 834 is about more than just selling suites — we’re keeping the neighbourhood moving forward in a very positive way while keeping our valued team of contractors, architects, engineers and business partners working,” Chard said.
Construction on The 834 is scheduled to start this fall with completion planned for 2011. Suites range in size from 418 to more than 1,000 square feet.
• The 834 features a multi-purpose room with kitchen and big-screen theatre opening onto a landscaped courtyard terrace and barbecue area.
• The building also has an organic rooftop herb garden and seating area with city and water views
• For more information on The 834 visit www.the834.com.
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures