Anyberry summer pie
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 1.125 l (5 cups) berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 prepared pie shell (thawed slightly if frozen)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) ground ginger
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) allspice
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter, cut into small pieces
Heat oven to 190 C (375 F).
Filling: In a large bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add berries and toss gently until well mixed. Pile filling into prepared crust. Set aside.
Crumb Topping: In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and butter.
Using your fingers, a pastry blender or a fork, mash and rub butter into dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs.
Top berries with crumb mixture, patting it on, as necessary, to make it stay put. Place pie on a rimmed baking sheet (to catch drips) and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the crumb topping is golden brown and the berries are bubbling.
For clean slices, let pie cool before slicing. Or serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.