(Reuters) - Private equity firm Apax Partners [APAX.UL] has secured $7.9 billion for its latest pool of capital, according to a source familiar with the matter.
The firm has held a first close on the fund, the person said, meaning it can now begin investing the capital.
Reuters had reported last year that Apax, whose investments have included King, maker of Candy Crush, and AutoTrader, would begin raising capital for its ninth fund at the end of 2015.
Bloomberg had earlier reported on Monday that Apax had raised the money for its fund Apax IX, citing people familiar with the matter. (http://bloom.bg/28ZLw1Q)
Apax Partner declined to comment.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
(Reporting by Freya Berry in London and Parikshit Mishra in Bengaluru, editing by David Evans)