Arcade Fire has cancelled the final nine dates of its sold-out European tour due to a sinus infection suffered by lead singer Win Butler.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
Butler says on the band’s website that he pushed his voice and body “farther than they are able to go” during a concert in Stockholm last week. He says he has been suffering from a sinus and bronchial infection for the last three months and that doctors told him to cancel the tour weeks ago, but he chose to push on.
As a result, Butler says he “can barely speak, or make any sound” and faces sinus surgery.
He apologized to fans and says the band hopes to return to Europe as soon as possible.
The Montreal buzz-band is one of the hottest acts on the concert circuit, well-known for theatrical shows that include audience sing-a-longs.
Their much-anticipated sophomore disc, Neon Bible, drew raves worldwide when it was released weeks ago.