What is the difference between powdered vs. liquid laundry soap and do I really need to worry about this? – Cathy
There is a very big difference between the two soaps.
First, my dear friend Sally from Miele taught me the following golden rules about laundry soap.
1. Powdered laundry soap is best for dirt.
Powder traditionally foams and you never want this in a front loader as it is harder for the front loader to get rid of excess soap.
2. Liquid laundry soap is best for oil and grease.
“HE”, which stands for high efficiency, deals with reduced foaming in the machine, thus creating a better and more successful rinse cycle.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures
• Have a question? Email Charles at firstname.lastname@example.org.