Bacon and Potato Salad
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures
- 2 lb (1 kg) pre-washed baby potatoes, halved
- 5 strips bacon, chopped
- 4 medium eggs, hard-boiled and quartered
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dill pickles, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2/3 cup (150 mL)?good-quality mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground paprika
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh dill, chopped
- 1. Fill large pot halfway with water, add potatoes and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- 2. Fry bacon in lightly-oiled frying pan over high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Place warm potatoes in a large serving bowl. Add eggs, cucumbers and parsley, and toss gently. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and paprika in small bowl Add to salad and toss gently.
- 4. Divide into four bowls, sprinkle bacon and dill on top and serve immediately.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to rd.ca