• 1 egg
• 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) toasted Brazil nuts or blanched almonds, finely chopped
• 1/3 cup (75 ml) wheat germ
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) olive oil
• 2 cups (500 ml) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 tsp (5 ml) dried basil
1. Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C). Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Place egg and salt in a shallow dish and whisk with 1 tbsp (15 ml) water. In another shallow dish, combine nuts and wheat germ. Dip chicken breasts into egg and then nut mixture.
3. Place on baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Bake, turning once, 15 to 20 minutes (depending on thickness) or until cooked through and crispy.
4. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and basil; cook until just browned, 3 minutes. Serve with chicken.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca