• 1 Tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
• Two 1/2 lb (250 g) monkfish fillets (membrane removed)
• 2 garlic cloves, quartered
• 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, broken up
• 1 lime
• 2 Tbsp (25 mL) butter
• 4 tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut two pieces of foil, each large enough to enclose a piece of monkfish. Brush foil with a little oil.
2. Put one monkfish fillet on each piece of foil. Make small slits all over fish. Push garlic pieces and rosemary sprigs into slits.
3. Grate lime zest over fish. Trim off lime ends, then cut into four thick slices. Squeeze some drops of lime juice over fish, then lay slices on top of fillets. Dot with butter and season to taste.
4. Put tomatoes, cut side up, alongside fish. Fold up foil to enclose fish and tomatoes and seal edges.
5. Put parcels on baking tray and bake 10 minutes. Open foil and bake until fish is opaque and cooked through. Test with point of knife. Cut each piece of fish in half and transfer to plates with tomatoes. Pour over juices from parcels and serve.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Baked Rosemary Monkfish