Balti Green Pepper Chicken & Basmati Rice
Submitted by: Diana Dhaliwal, Winnipeg, MN
- 1 Cup of basmati rice
- 2 Cup water
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 green peppers (can use yellow, orange, or red)
- 2 chicken breast
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon patak's balti paste
- 4 sprigs of parsley
- 1. Using a microwave safe bowl with a lid, put in 1 cup of Basmati rice, 2 cups water, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Put in microwave with the lid slightly open to allow the release of steam for 12 minutes on high. (Rice can also be cooked on the stove according to directions on package.)
- 2. While the rice is cooking, wash and slice peppers and cut chicken breast into pieces about 1 inch by 1/4 inch.
- 3. Poor olive oil into large frying pan and stir fry the peppers and chicken until nearly done (a few minutes). Then add 1-2 tablespoons Patak's Balti paste and mix with a little water if necessary. Cook the food on low to meld the flavours. Take out the microwave rice when done and fluff the rice and seeds around with a fork. Put rice in bowels and serve Balti Green Pepper Chicken on top. Garnish with parsley.
Prep Time: Five minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes