With plenty of moxie on tap, Davisville Village is equal parts big-city lights and small-town charm.
The area which runs from Eglinton Avenue to the Mount Pleasant Cemetery and from Yonge Street to Bayview Avenue is proof that even the busiest of places can have a refreshing sense of community.
At the area’s northwest corner, Yonge and Eglinton Centre is a lynchpin for the area’s popular entertainment options, including the Silvercity Eglinton cinemas and scores of restaurants and bars frequented by Torontonians from across the city. The ensuing Mount Pleasant West corridor south of Eglinton running east from Yonge Street pulsates with cosmopolitan energy embodied by tall office and condo spires and streets filled with locals and travellers alike.
Mount Pleasant Road is the village’s central artery and unlike the bustle and bright lights of Yonge and Eglinton, independent stores line the street side and residents outnumber tourists on the sidewalk.
Towards Bayview Avenue, the Mount Pleasant East corridor exudes old-world charm with residential streets famous for neighbours who actually talk to each other and charming homes planted on tree-lined roads.
Davisville Village contains a large variety of parks and other public green space making it popular among dog walkers and people who like to enjoy fresh air in a peaceful setting.
For avid joggers and walkers, the serene, winding pathways of the Mount Pleasant Cemetery are a popular choice to enjoy the tranquil beauty of an outdoor setting brimming with history.
Packed with personality and variety, Davisville Village is a midtown hideaway like no other.
• Average real estate value: Mount Pleasant East: $551,664; Mount Pleasant West: $409,434 (Source: City of Toronto, Statistics Canada)
• Average gross rent: Mount Pleasant East: $986; Mount Pleasant West: $1007 (Source: City of Toronto, Statistics Canada)
• Gyms: Extreme Fitness (110 Eglinton Ave. E.), GoodLife Fitness (250 Davisville Ave.), Circuitfit (542 Mt Pleasant Rd.), Physical Dimensions (2156 Yonge St.), Personal Training Plus (1644 Bayview Ave.)
• Shopping and grocery: Sobey’s (710 Mt. Pleasant Rd.), Yonge Eglinton Centre (Yonge-Eglinton), Metro (3142 Yonge St.), Marhaba Supermarket (701 Mt Pleasant Rd.), Sobey’s Balliol St. (28 Balliol St)
• Schools: Maurice Cody Jr PS (364 Belsize Dr.), Hodgson PS (282 Davisville Ave.), Manor Montessori School (14 De Savery Cres.), Davisville Jr PS (43 Millwood Rd.)
• Condominiums: MYC Condos (1815 Yonge St.), 900 Mt Pleasant Condominium Residences(900 Mt Pleasant Rd.), 88 on Broadway (88 Broadway Ave.) -Rafael Brusilow
• 1. Yonge & Eglinton Centre
• 2. Eglinton Station
• 3. Quantum The South Tower
• 4. 25 Broadway (The Republic) (condo)
• 5. 900 Mount Pleasant (condo)
• 6. Panache Condominiums Redpath-Eglinton
• 7. Eglinton Jr. PS/Spectrum Alternative Sr. School
• 8. 83 Redpath (condo)
• 9. Manor Road United Church
• 10. Maurice Cody Jr. PS (school)
• 11. Howard Talbot Park
• 12. Huntington (condo)
• 13. Davisville Station (Chaplin-Yonge)
• 14. Davisville Jr. PS/Metro School for the Deaf
• 15. June Rowlands Park (corner of Davisville-Mount Pleasant)
• 16. Hodgson Sr. PS (school)
• 17. Mount Pleasant Cemetery (flanks Mount Pleasant south of Merton)
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures