- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small, fresh red chili pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) canola oil
- 1 lb (500 g) extra-lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp (10 ml) tomato paste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried oregano
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red wine, or beef stock
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sugar
- 2 scallions
- 1 can (19 oz/540 ml) kidney beans
- 8 soft ?our tortillas
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) sour cream
1. Rinse, dry, deseed and chop pepper and chili pepper. Set chili pepper aside. Peel and chop onion.
2. Heat oil in large, ?ameproof casserole pan or braising pan and fry pepper, onion, beef, paprika and cumin over moderate heat.?Stir constantly, until meat browns.
3. Peel and crush garlic. Add to the casserole pan with chili, canned tomatoes and their juice, tomato paste, oregano, wine or stock, salt and sugar. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Rinse, dry, and chop scallions; set aside. Preheat broiler to high to warm tortillas.
5. When beef chili has been cooking for 15 minutes, drain and rinse kidney beans, stir into the casserole pan and cook 5 minutes. Heat tortillas under broiler.
6. Transfer chili to four serving dishes, then add a 1 tbsp (15 ml) sour cream to each, sprinkle scallions over top, and serve with tortillas.
For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to rd.ca or check out Key Ingredients in this month's Reader's Digest, on newsstands now!