This barbecue sauce is great for cook chicken, pork or beef ribs, or you can use it as a basting sauce for the grill. Make a big pot of mashed potatoes to sop up all the sauce from these lip-smacking ribs.
Beef Ribs With Coffee Barbecue Sauce
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Marinating Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 cups (500 mL) brewed coffee
- 1 cup (250 mL) fancy molasses
- ½ cup (125 mL) mango chutney
- ½ cup (125 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ketchup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) hot pepper sauce
- 4 racks (about 4 lbs/2 kg) pork baby back ribs
1. In saucepan combine coffee, molasses, chutney, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and hot sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until reduced to 3 cups (750 mL).
2. Meanwhile, cut ribs into 2-rib portions and place in large roasting pan. Pour sauce over ribs, turning to coat and let cool. Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
3. Bake, covered in 325 F (160 C) oven for 1 hour. Uncover and turn ribs, bake for about 30 minutes or until meat almost falls off the bone. Remove ribs to serving platter. Spoon off fat from barbecue sauce and pour into pitcher; serve with ribs.
Makes 6 servings